Tuesday, September 18, 2012

patchwork Scottie


Does anyone remember these nana squares I started making back in August last year?? It was when I decided to do some "stash busting" of my baby yarns, I ended up giving up making them and really thought I would never do anything with them. I actually almost tossed them recently. I pulled them out again when I got a blister from end weaving in on this thing.

This is an idea I've had for awhile but just have never sat down to actually make it. The idea came from these sewn patchwork scotties, I noticed these years ago when I was more into sewing but I never thought I'd make one. Anyway, I laid out all my squares to see if I even had enough of them to make it and I did, so I started joining them up!

patchwork scottie dog

I had to make 30 white squares to join the two sides, I did the join as you go method so it wasn't too much extra work. In total, there are 84 squares that make up this patchwork Scottie.

patchwork scottie dog

I am so excited with how this turned out! It's so cute and was supposed to be for the kid's basement couch but I'm not sure how I feel about sicking my kids on this cutie just yet. I may keep him to myself for awhile.



18 comments:

  1. Oh, how very cute! I have a bag of squares somewhere. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just SO CUTE! I love interesting shaped pillows. This guy look like he'd be perfect for hugging to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tiny grannies worked out very well for this puppy! it looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too good for kids I'd say...;)

    What a fab idea!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. Just wondering how you join as you go with these little squares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh it's super cute! I have never tried to make squares like this ones, they are amazing and now I can't stop thinking about them! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE, what a brilliant idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's a fantastic idea. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I have a bag of squares sitting around, too. Will dig it up tomorrow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable what a great use for your nana square!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My this is so adorable, cute, fantastic, need I say more?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! What a good idea. You have now given me inspiration for my UFO stash.

    ReplyDelete