Wednesday, May 02, 2012

my bow bag

my bow bag

After having the Ribbon Accent Bag on my ravelry queue for almost 2 years, I now have my very own bow bag! I'm really happy with how it turned out. When I first wanted to make the bag, I thought I would make an aqua one but I decided on grey so I could carry it for most anything. If I ever make another, it will probably be a more bright color.

lining of bow bag

The yarn is Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids in silver grey. It was the first time I've seen this color at my Michaels store, so I bought almost every skein that was left of it. I've seen a new color once before and it's never been restocked, so I wasn't taking any chances, I like this grey!

The fabric I used to line the bag is succulent from the Hello Lucious by Basic Grey line for Moda fabrics. I only used one fat quarter. Sewing the lining in was the worst part of making this bag, it wasn't terribly difficult but it was definitely not my favorite part.

The handles were bought at Walmart, so they were very inexpensive.





12 comments:

  1. It really is one beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I lurve this bag....so pretty and the lining is incredible too....wish I could make stuff this good xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. am off to find this pattern on Ravelry and find you as a friend too....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I really want to make one but can only find plastic handles at my local craft stores and I would prefer wooden like yours. They look so much nicer. I think it might be time to hit up the internet stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is so cute! The lining looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally love the color. But then Gray is my favorite. And I love the wooden handles. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! A very similar bag was one of my first crochet projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you found this color again? I really need it, but it's not even shown on their website. Do you think it's new or discontinued??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you found this color again? I really need it, but it's not even shown on their website. Do you think it's new or discontinued??

    ReplyDelete