Monday, October 03, 2011

spiderweb doily

spiderweb doily

About a month ago I pinned this and knew right away that I was going to be making one this year. Over the weekend, I snagged a doily from my parents house (with permission!) that I thought would work perfectly for this project. My spider is fancy web spinner, I'm not sure who made the doily, it was either my grandma or great grandma.

This is such a fast project to finish, I wrapped the outside of an embroidery hoop in black ribbon, stuck the doily in the hoop and then stuck a fake spider on it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

sharing at:
Get Your Craft On
Tip Junkie

6 comments:

  1. Great fast project and easy way to decorate for Halloween. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea! I love working with doilies. My mother has a few just lying around the house. This way they can have a new purpose. I love to add a little autumn touch to the house. I still have to make my home autumn ready (I'm still in denial about summer ending)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a brilliant idea. I will have to try this one- perhaps,I will add a big hairy spider too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome, love the colors! congrats you´re the best!!!

    ReplyDelete